Complete Advice Post after hair transplantation and all side effects
Following your instructions after hair transplantation is one of the most important factors that depend on the success of the process and hair growth in a proper and ideal way, where some effects appear on the scalp after the completion of the process so you must learn how to behave with it, and what are the methods that are followed after the operation? Like how to sleep after hair transplantation, and what is the best shampoo after hair transplantation ?
We will answer all questions in detail to enjoy healthy hair growth without hair loss.
Do side effects occur after hair transplant ?
Hair transplant is a surgical plastic surgery performed on the scalp, and complications may appear on its impact that differ from one person to another response to the follicular transplant process, as well as any hair transplant techniques used.
Some of the side effects that appear after a hair transplant include:
- Redness of the scalp and its effects end within days of the operation.
- Infection is a rare symptom.
- Itchy feeling in the cultivated area.
- Some types of hair transplantation result in tingling in the cultivated area.
- Minor swelling may appear on the front area.
Post hair transplant tips
The success of the hair transplant process is divided between the surgeon and the procedures that you take after the operation, so we offer you some important advice that includes what you must and should not do to get more vigorous hair growth, including:
Follow-up and taking medications:
The surgeon’s role did not end with the end of the operation procedures, but you should follow up with him to change the dressings and ensure that the follicle transplant is complete
It is imperative to take medications and analgesics recommended by the doctor because it reduces the side effects that show the effect of surgical hair transplant.
Washing hair after hair transplant:
Washing hair after the procedure is one of the factors that help prevent inflammation and swelling, maintain the health of the scalp, grow healthy hair, remove dandruff or any residue from the process.
Hair is washed with warm water, but initially a spray must be distributed to the scalp to reduce the tension and tension that the skin is exposed to as a result of healing. This process is used for 10 days and left for 45 minutes.
You must avoid both pumping high water pressure on the scalp so as not to destroy the implanted bulbs, rub or scrub the scalp vigorously so that the implanted bulbs are not removed, using hot water.
Non-exposure to heat:
Exposure to sunlight or steam is one of the reasons that lead to the failure of the process because the tissue is exposed to damage, as the process of hair transplantation depends on several layers of the skin of the head, not only the surface layer. Hair.
You should consult a doctor before starting any exercise after a hair transplant, as it leads to:
- Sweating on the scalp, causing damage to cultivated grafts.
- High blood pressure that exposes you to removing implanted grafts or bleeding in the implanted area.
- Scars expand as some exercises require neck stretching, then scars open and open
- Instructions after the hair transplant.
After we got to know the important tips for you, some instructions to know what to do and what are the prohibitions after the hair transplant:
- Avoid smoking or any alcoholic beverages for a period of at least 14 days so as not to delay the growth of hair.
- You should lie with your head held high to avoid the appearance of infections.
- It is advised to use an ice pack for two hours on the front area to avoid swelling.
- Avoid flattening on the face as it stops the blood circulation process in the transplanted area.
- Avoid hitting on the scalp because it leads to tissue damage and new follicles not growing.
- Consider completing the blood circulation on the new transplanted follicles to grow well.
How to sleep after hair transplantation
Method and position of sleep after hair transplantation is one of the factors upon which the failure or success of the operation depends, the patient should not lie on his face or sides for at least a week, a pillow must be placed to raise the head and be far from the cultivated area.
The benefits of sleep after hair transplantation reduce the appearance of infections and swellings, it works to relax the scalp, and it also works to massage the veins naturally, making it easier for blood to reach the transplanted follicles, so sleep is preferred from 8 to 10 hours continuously
The best shampoo after hair transplant
Before hair transplantation, a person uses shampoo to get rid of dandruff or as a treatment for split hairs, but after hair transplantation any type that contains chemicals is used only after consulting a doctor about it and how it is used so that it does not affect the implanted follicles.
The doctor grants a specific shampoo that will be used during the first ten days after the procedure until the implants are kept in place.Can the hat be worn after the hair transplant?
If it is necessary to wear a hat after hair transplantation to protect from sunlight or dust and pollution, it should not be random, as there are some instructions,
- The hat should be made of cotton.
- It has many openings for ventilation.
- We shouldn’t put it long on the head.
- It is best not to wear the hat directly after the procedure because the implanted follicles are very sensitive and you do not need to place any object on them during the 14 days after the procedure.
Vitamins after hair transplant
Hair grows very slowly after the operation because it passes through many stages to show its strength and intensity. Therefore, doctors are advised to take vitamins to reduce the time it takes to see the result, as well as support and fix new follicles inside the scalp.
It has been scientifically proven that a body that lacks many vitamins, minerals and fatty acids is prone to defects in cells that increase hair loss and do not germinate new follicles.
The patient’s scalp suffers from a shock that occurs during the first months after the operation, leading to hair loss. If the body does not follow a diet containing proteins and vitamins, it cannot germinate hair properly.
Among the most important vitamins after hair transplantation are Vitamin C, B3, B7, A, D, E, each of them has the benefit of hair growth. We can get them through capsules or in meals.
Using oil after hair transplantation
Doctors prefer to use natural oils that strengthen hair follicles and protect them from hair loss or damage from stress in addition to making the scalp moist, and those features disappear with the use of inappropriate shampoo.
Types of oils used after hair transplantation are olive oil, castor oil, and coconut oil, all of which moisturize the hair, prevent itching, treat light hair and skin infections, anti-viruses, germs and fungi.